This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety (WH&S) training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others.
It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies.
It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
There is a requirement for this course to be delivered face-to-face in Queensland. There is an exemption for students residing in rural areas (defined as 100km or more from any RTO offering face to face delivery) - such students may receive online training. WorkSafe Connect offers face-to-face delivery only.
Upcoming Townsville Training
- Identify WHS legislative requirements.
- Identify construction hazards and control measures.
- Identify WHS communication and reporting processes.
- Identify WHS incident response procedures.
- Identifying relevant standards and legislation requirements related to working on a construction site
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identify ways to communicate risks and hazards to superiors and workers on site
- Applying basic risk management principles and assessment of construction work
- Identifying responsibilities and rights of workers and supervisors on site
- Applying safe work practices whilst working on construction sites
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Gold Coast1 Habana Street
Course ID: 7943744 - White Card Brisbane