This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to supervise the removal process for friable and non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The unit includes planning for and supervising the removal process, including preparing the work area and the work site, using safe and compliant removal practices, maintaining safety procedures, and supervising the decontamination and removal processes.
Ensuring compliance with the asbestos removal control plan (ARCP) is central to the effective performance of the role. This includes ensuring and documenting that required air monitoring and other testing and certification processes are conducted by licensed asbestos assessors according to legislation.
Please note that this course has a prerequisite requirement that participants hold the unit CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry. Participants will have to provide a copy of their Statement of Attainment. As this is a national unit of competency, QLD Blue cards cannot be accepted as evidence.
This course is offered by WorkSafe Connect to corporate clients for a group of students. We do not currently offer this course to individuals as part of our public course offering.
- Supervise the safe and compliant removal of all types of asbestos
- Know how to plan for and implement control measures for removal projects
- Plan and implement use of correct personal protection equipment and decontamination procedures consistent with the requirements of the project
- Understand and effectively communicate legal and regulatory obligations for asbestos removal to other parties who are required to be notified
- Be able to recognize and communicate to workers, site-specific risks associated with asbestos removal and to effectively communicate strategies for avoiding risks
- Be able to specify and utilise supplies and equipment appropriate for the project
- Understand and implement the correct safety requirements for a variety of asbestos
- removal projects including understanding air monitoring procedures/results
- Implement and direct emergency procedures when dealing with asbestos incidents
- Identify different asbestos materials, interpret and communicate the contents of asbestos registers, develop asbestos removal control plans and to coordinate equipment and personnel for an effective and compliant removal.
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Gold CoastHabana Street
Course ID: 7951107 - Supervise Asbestos Removal Brisbane