This course is an industry recognised refresher course designed to ensure that participants continue to maintain currency with regard to their cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and low voltage rescue (LVR) competencies.
This course is designed to ensure that participants maintain the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
It also extends to participants who require the knowledge required in the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions.
It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Upcoming Townsville Training
Upcoming Brisbane Training
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel
- Carry out rescue from live LV panel
- Complete the LV panel rescue procedure
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
- Perform CPR
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Emergency procedures for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Isolation procedures where appropriate
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Involvement of external emergency services
- Emergency procedures for the skills required for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel
- Placement of rescue equipment
- Controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Gold Coast1 Habana Street
Course ID: 7943775 - Refresher - CPR/LVR Training Brisbane