This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required in the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions.
It encompasses responsibilities for health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Please note that this course has a pre-requisite requirement that participants hold the unit HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Participants will have to provide a copy of their Statement of Attainment.
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel
- Carry out rescue from live LV panel
- Complete the LV panel rescue procedure
- Emergency procedures for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Isolation procedures where appropriate
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Involvement of external emergency services
- Emergency procedures for the skills required for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel
- Placement of rescue equipment
- Controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Gold Coast1 Habana Street
Course ID: 7943744 - Low Voltage Rescue Brisbane